“Those who think they have no time for healthy eating will sooner or later have to find time for illness…”
Here at Educogym, our personal trainers and nutritionists educate our members on healthy eating and lifestyle. We treat each individual client differently and encourage each of them to do what best suits them. We help them to make the right lifestyle choices and one of these lessons is how to do healthy food shops.
Here’s a few of our Educogym tips to get the most out of the supermarket trips that you make each week:
Avoid The Supermarket “Rush Hour”
- More people in the supermarket means longer queues, and longer queues means more time standing in front of the sweets and crisps and those other temptations lying around the tills – we can all be found guilty of this!
Buy a few Healthy Foods in Bulk/Bigger Sizes
- Whether this means a week’s supply of chicken breasts (they can easily be frozen), a huge tub of greek yogurt that will last you for the week, a dozen eggs instead of half a dozen or the bigger bag of goji berries or almonds, your wallet and your body will thank you. Plus, you won’t be tempted to call for takeaway any evening because you will be stocked up at home and sorted if you get some unexpected dinner guests.
Always Shop with a List
- This will keep you from throwing unnecessary items—hello, biscuits!—into your basket but it will also help you to plan your meals for the week and stay organised and it will help you with your healthy eating regime.
Read the Ingredients, not just the Nutrition Label
- The fewer ingredients the better – the food is more natural and wholesome. Nothing is more important than the ingredients that you put into your body! Think wisely about what you are putting into your body and stop focusing on calories. Stock up on foods that don’t have a nutrition label…. they are usually healthier whole foods that are just simply what they are – like apples, eggs etc.
Try to avoid foods with big advertising budgets
- These are generally not the healthiest of choices! Think about it….
For more information, why not get in touch with one of our nutritionists who can get you on the right track today,
The Educogym Team