CHILLI CHICKEN & PEANUT WRAPS
Ingredients – Serves 4
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon chilli paste
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger
- juice of 2 limes
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 onions
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 500g chicken or turkey mince
- 1/2 cup lightly salted peanuts, chopped
- 150g rice noodles
- 12 leaves of lettuce
- chopped coriander, spring onions, and peanuts for topping
- To make the sauce mix together, soy sauce, oyster, water, chilli paste, honey, ginger, limes, garlic and onions.
- Pour the sauce into a bowl with the mince and peanuts. Marinate for 15 minutes.
- Soak the rice noodles in warm water until soft, then drain and rinse with cold water. Cut into small pieces.
- Heat the coconut oil in a pan., add the mixture and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the noodles and stir-fry for another 5 minutes, add extra lime juice if needed.
- Serve on lettuce leaves, top with coriander, spring onions and peanuts.
LOW CARB SUSHI
- 5 oz Smoked salmon
- 1 Cucumber
- 1/2 Avocado, medium
- 16 oz Cauliflower
- 5 sheets Nori
- 1 tbsp Soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Rice vinegar, unseasoned
- 6 oz Cream cheese
- Blitz the cauliflower into rice-sized pieces by pulsing. Make sure not to over-processes.
- Slice the cucumber into strips, discard the middle.
- Cook the cauliflower rice and add soy sauce to season.
- Mix the cauliflower with the cream cheese and rice vinegar and leave to cool in the fridge.
- Slice 1/2 an avocado into small strips.
- Use nori sheets down on a bamboo roller and add the cauliflower mixture.
- Leave about 3/4 inches of space at the top. Make sure this is quite a thin layer.
- Layer the other filings, cucumber, avocado and salmon.
- Roll sushi tightly using bamboo cut into rolls.
- Serve and enjoy!
- 4 cups shredded courgette
- 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup sliced scallions
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Shredded the courgette, place in a bowl and sprinkle lightly with salt.
- Allow the courgette to stand for 10 minutes.
- Squeeze out as much liquid from the courgetteas possible.
- In a large bowl, add the courgette, flour, eggs, sliced scallions, salt and peppe.
- Stir until the mixture is combined.
- Add the olive oil to a pan, once hot add 2-3 scoops of the mixture and press into a fritter.
- Cook for 2 to 3 minutes on each side.
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil or spray light
- 4 large chicken breast fillet
- 1-2 cloves garlic
- 1 large onion
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 10-12 mushrooms
- 500g Courgetti
- 1 heaped dessert spoon Pesto
- Use a spririlizers to make the courgetti.
- Chop finely all ingredients – garlic, onion and mushrooms.
- In a large frying pan add the olive oil, chicken pieces, garlic, onion and mushrooms; fry for 10 minutes. (until your chicken is golden)
- Add the pesto and stir
- Add the courgette ribbons and carefully stir into the chicken mix – cook for a 2-3 minutes
GARLIC & PARMESAN GREEN BEANS
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 3 cups green beans
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 tbsp parmesan
- Whisk the oil, garlic, egg and salt together.
- Add the green beans to the mixture and coat well.
- Lay the beans evenly on a baking tray, sprinkle with parseman
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden.
Ingredients (Serves 2)
- 1 large ripe tomato
- 3 avocado
- juice 1 large lime
- handful coriander
- 1 small red onion
- 1 red chilli, deseeded
- Finely chop tomato, coriander, red onion and chilli.
- Scoop out avocado and place in a bowl with the other ingredients.
- Add the lime juice and roughly mash with a fork.
ROASTED POBLANO PEPPERS WITH BAKED EGGS, CHEESE AND GUAC
Ingredients (Serves 1)
- 1 poblano pepper – stemmed, pepper slit down 1 side, and seeds removed
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons milk
- 1 small tomato, diced
- 2-3 mushrooms, chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh coriander
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup shredded lowfat chedder cheese blend
- Preheat the oven and lightly grease a baking sheet.
- Lightly coat both sides of poblano pepper with olive oil; place pepper, cut side up, onto the baking sheet.
- Bake until pepper is tender and skin starts to brown, 20 to 30 minutes.
- Whisk eggs and milk together in a bowl; fold in tomato, mushroom, green onion, coriander, salt, and black pepper.
- Cook and stir egg mixture until eggs are set, about 5 minutes.
- Spoon egg mixture into poblano pepper and top with lowfat cheddar cheese.
- Bake in the oven until cheese is melted, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Top with a teaspoon of chunky guacamole.
20 MINUTE SESAME CHICKEN STIR-FRY
- 4 Chicken breasts, boneless skinless
- 1 clove Garlic
- 2 tbsp Ginger
- 1 tsp Coconut oil
- 4 cups Green beans an dveg of your choice
- 1/4 cup Chicken stock, low sodium
- 2 tbsp Soy sauce, low sodium
- 1 tsp Chili paste
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 Scallions
- 1 tbsp Seasame seeds
- Serve with brown rice
- Prepare and chop chicken and vegetables
- Heat the oil in the pan, and cook chicken until brown
- Set the chicken aside in a small bowl until later
- Stir-fry the green vegetables, garlic, ginger
- Mix chicken stock, chilli paste and soy sauce together and pour into the wok
- Add the chicken again
- Stir-fry until vegetables are tender
- Sprinkle the scallions and sesame seeds on top
- Serve with a portion of brown rice
IMMUNE BOOSTING CARROT & GINGER
- 1-2 inch piece of fresh ginger, chopped
- 500g carrots, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1.2 litres vegetable stock
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- Ground black pepper
- Put the carrots, onion and ginger into a large saucepan with the stock.
- Bring up to the boil, then simmer until the vegetables are tender.
- Blend the soup to a puree until smooth. Add the skimmed milk and blend again until it is thoroughly mixed in.
- Reheat gently, then serve.
GREEN GOODNESS SMOOTHIE
- 2 cups of leafy greens – Spinach or Kale
- Add water or a liquid of your choice – almond milk or coconut water
- 1 cup of fruit – banana, mango, pineapple, apple
- Top with chia seeds or some blueberries and mint leaves
- Blend the green leaves and water together in a blender
- Add the fruit and blend again until smooth
Ingredients (Serves 1-2)
- 1 scoop of Proform/Profemme chocolate or vanilla
- 2 tablespoons gluten-free baking mix
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 banana, mashed
- 4 tablespoons almond milk
- 1 teaspoons runny honey
- 2 tablespoons fat-free Greek yoghurt
- 4 fresh figs or fruit of your choice
- Mix all dry ingredients together and whisk
- In a separate bowl, combine the egg, banana and almond milk
- Gently pour the egg, banana and almond milk mixture into the dry ingredients
- Pour the mixture into a heated pan, make four small pancakes and cook for 2-3 minutes until bubbles appear on the surface
- Flip and cook for another 2-3 minutes